photo by Surely Sweet Photography

Changing Diapers: the Hip Mom's Guide to Modern Cloth Diapering

Monday, January 31, 2011

Homegrown in the USA (& Canada!)

I have recently compiled a list of diapers that are made in the USA and Canada.  This is only some of the bigger name diapers, since I think it's a given that WAHM diapers are made in the US or Canada (depending on where they live).

This is not a complete list, I'm sure, so feel free to add any that you know of to the comments section below.  If I have heard a diaper was USA/Canadian made, I went to their website.  Companies are proud to say their product is homegrown, and clearly state it.  If it did not say anywhere on the site that they were made in the USA or Canada, I did not include them on my list, but it does not necessarily mean it's not made in the USA or Canada.

I also included a list of diapers made in both the USA and other countries.  I felt the need to make a seperate list.  For example, some of my BumGenius diapers say "made in the USA", while others say "made in Egypt". 

*Also note that most companies order their materials overseas.  There were only a couple of sites that made special note that some or all of their materials are also made in the USA.

Made in the USA:
Canadian Made Diapers
Made in the USA and Overseas

*I have added a couple.  If I find anymore I will add them, as well!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the list! My assumption would be that production of the Flip and BumGenius is about to take a big down turn.
    I will be looking at the ones made this side of the pond for future investments :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so great! Thanks for compiling the list.

    Natalie
    www.fluffynutters.com
    Cloth diapering with a sense of responsibility... and a sense of humor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As someone who makes items for the cloth diaper industry, I wanted to comment about the availability of raw materials in this country. I would love dearly to get my fabrics made in the US but I have found there are some limitations.

    First off the ever popular bamboo fabrics, China holds the patent on making this fabric, hence we are limited to bamboo fabrics being sourced from there.

    Hemp as a crop is not allowed to be grown in the US, so while some companies say their hemp is milled here in the US, the actual raw product is sourced from overseas because of the legalities of growing the crop.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for posting this! I was disappointed when I purchased a bumGenius (thinking it was US made) only to find out it isn't (or at least the inserts are from overseas)! The Happy Heiny that I purchased also came with an insert made overseas (China I believe).

    ReplyDelete