photo by Surely Sweet Photography

Changing Diapers: the Hip Mom's Guide to Modern Cloth Diapering

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

I CHALLENGE YOU!!

I'm about to take a challenge.  I'm challenging YOU to do the same.  Read about the challenge HERE and  HERE.  It will take place May 23-30.

Have you ever used flats?  Have you ever hand washed your diapers?  Yeah, me neither.  But I'm about to do both, and I'm super excited about it!

In response to this saddening article, a challenge has been made to prove that diapering can be done at an extremely low cost by using flats.  The challenge was also made to prove that cloth diapering IS possible, even without a washer and dryer.  When I read the above article about how some families are washing out and reusing disposable diapers, I was inspired to start a program that's been stewing in my mind for several months now.  I had planned on waiting until later this year when things settled down.  But let's face it: things will never settle down.   As I'm typing this, there are families who are having to choose between diapers and groceries.  I do not want any babies health to be at risk because their families can't afford both groceries and diapers.  Why wait?

Then I saw this challenge, and I'm all over it!  Contacts have been made to get things started with the program to help local families in cloth diapers who cannot afford it.  This challenge will help me be able to not only tell people it can be done very inexpensively and without a washer/dryer, but I can share my own personal experience. 

So, do you accept this challenge? 

2 comments:

  1. I am hoping to be one of the ones "donated to" so that I can try it and say that I have done it, it works, Then hand them on to a beginner/ person in need. I have given prefolds and covers and insert diapers already. those were out of my pocket. **fingers crossed** This whole giving away full priced diapers gets expensive!!!!!

    acandee

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've been awarded The Versatile Blogger award! http://jehanisnotsupermom.blogspot.com/2011/05/versatile-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete