photo by Surely Sweet Photography

Changing Diapers: the Hip Mom's Guide to Modern Cloth Diapering

Friday, May 6, 2011

Back to Reality

It's been almost a week since I've been home.  We are all adjusting still, but it has been wonderful to be in my own house with my kids!  Even though the 2 weeks I was away went by surprisingly fast, it was the longest I have been away from my kids.  I've tried making up for lost time with lots of cuddles!

I was finally able to sit down and write a note to the 16 y/o girl who hit us.  I've been putting it off, struggling with the right words.  I wanted to reassure her that we do forgive her, and also ask her to forgive herself.  I didn't want my words to sound hollow, so I can only hope that the words I wrote are what God wants her to hear.

I was so tired of sitting in a hospital bed that we have actually stayed pretty busy this week.  Today is actually the first day that we have stayed home with nothing to do.  And I'm bored!  My poor mom has to unload my wheelchair and 2 kids everytime we go somewhere, and then load us all back up when it's time to leave.  I hope she knows how much we appreciate her!

Tomorrow I will help my boss, Sharni (owner of the Nappy Shoppe, where I work p/t on Saturday's) at an expo at Stonebriar Mall in Frisco.  It will be good to get back to something I enjoy doing for me, which is helping get more babies in cloth diapers!  Once I am cleared to drive (basically, when my pelvic bone is no longer hurting and I'm off the prescription pain meds) I will return to work.  Hopefully this will happen sooner than later!  But it will also depend on when my next surgery is.

I have an appointment next week with my surgeon, but also a plastic surgeon to see when a skin graft will be necessary.  Please pray for good news, that there is no infection and that most of the skin and tissue does not die off in my heel.

So far, it's been a good week getting back into a routine.  I still do a lot of sitting around, but at least I'm home.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! You have been received a Versatile Blogger Award! Check it out: http://soccergrrl2001.blogspot.com/2011/05/versatile-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you are feeling better and better with every second. It sounds like out of this, you are going to do some real good! Your positive attitude and outlook is wonderful!
    Kristen
    http:threeinthenest.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete